Web Function Flow
This chapter deals with the functionality implemented in the Web Interface for customers and how it uses web templates. Each template is then documented in the Template Reference.
The following diagram shows the flow of HTTP-calls and display pages in MagicSmoke:
Each box refers to one call to index.php?mode=label with the label of the box being the value of the mode parameter. The following conventions are used:
- dark green circle: starting point. This is called if/when no mode parameter is present. It behaves as if mode was set to the configured starting mode.
- (*) At the moment the system always starts at mode=tickets, this will be configurable in later versions.
- light blue box: This is a starting mode, i.e. it can be linked from the main layout and will display fine without any other parameters or session state.
- (-) the shop mode is currently not implemented and redirects to the starting point instead.
- light green box: this mode needs session state to display correctly.
- yellow box: this mode is transitory, i.e. it redirects immediately to the next green box, unless there is an error.
- dark green box: this mode can be called from the main layout, but redirects immediately.
- red box: an admin mode, this can only be called by manipulating the URL bar and needs to be configured to work.
- dark blue box: called externally with a code - e.g. from an email.
- dark grey box: to be implemented...
- black arrow: web call - either by click or redirection.
- green arrow: internal redirection, no round trip through the browser.